Sunday, February 6, 2011

Welcome to a Ranch Girl's Blog

Hello to all,

This is my first post. My husband and I live in western South Dakota on Triangle Ranch where I was born and raised. Kenny is also from this area. We have 2 children and 4 grandchildren. Raising cattle and operating a Bed & Breakfast in the historic Sears, Roebuck & Co. catalog home "The Alhambra" built by my great grandparents is our way of life. I love to share the 6 generations of history passed down by my grandparents,parents, aunts, uncles, mother and father-in-law in hopes that by the telling and retelling we keep fresh in our minds the treasures of character and values that they have instilled in us.

3 comments:

stampgram said...

Welcome to the world of blogging, dear Sis! I am excited to be a part of your journey here. You have inspired me to want to include more family history and more of the old stories on my own blog. What a treasure they are as they connect us to our roots, and it would be such a shame if we were to lose them due to lack of retelling. Thanks for the inspiration.

Joash de Cabin said...

Its gonna be successful journey in blogging. I just dropped by to explore ranch blog I saw your blog now. Just continue writer inspiration post to your readers. if you don't mind you can also visit South Texas Ranches For Sale.

Small City Scenes said...

I know I am going to enjoy your blog. I can't wait to hear all your stories. Visit my blog and also my daughter's ranch blog--ritzvilleranchlife.blogspot.com
Thanks, MB